Projects worked on
Isle of Capri Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
The project consists of three major phases
The phase 1 of the project consists of three major components:
- New 20,000 seat Arena for the Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Ice Hockey team
- New 3000 slot casino to fund Arena relocation.
- 100,000 sq.ft including parking levels, initially with 2500 indoor car parking spaces
- 40,000 sq.ft. feature entrance with retail mall
- 7 bars and restaurants
- Events Centre with seating for 5000 people
- Licensed for capacity of 17,000 people.
Phase 2 will consist of :-
In additions to the phase 1 casino, phase will include 400 key hotel tower and Events Centre with full Health Spa including gymnasium and swimming pool. 2000 further slot gaming floor and an additional 3000 car parking spaces.
Phase 3 will consist of :-
A new mixed-use redevelopment of 42-acre site on the former Arena site, restoring the neighbourhood that was demolished to make way for Arena 40 years ago. The total area will be 750,000 sq. ft
Mike was responsible for drawing the project together, appointing the consultants and heading up the design for submission as part of the licence application for the Isle of Capri
- Project Management and Cost control of the Gaming Licence bid
- Project Management and Cost control of Scheduling and Master planning application
- Phase 1 $750m
- Total project $1.5 billion
Isle of Capri Waterloo Ohio Resort Project
- Michael headed up the ARCADIS US team is working with its sister company, AYH of Great Britain to provide Cost Estimating and Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling services for the design and construction of this project. The site is approximately 30 acres and the building square footage is about 250,000 square feet. The project includes a nine story hotel containing about 200 rooms and a casino structure of about 35,000 square feet.
- ARCADIS was first tasked with determining the anticipated construction cost based on conceptual drawings developed in 2005 for state licensing. The second task was to estimate the current construction cost at 30% completion, and track design and construction changes as they occur. In addition, ARCADIS was asked to review the contractor’s CPM schedule, and provide comments on the schedule’s logic and ways to improve. ARCADIS will be instrumental in helping to develop acceleration schedules as needed, working closely with the construction contractor and owner.
- Monthly reports are being provided to the owner to document the cost and schedule status for the previous month. These reports are useful for informing upper management and providing documentation to track the Guaranteed Maximum Price, modifications and progress of the project.
- Project Managed the cost control
- Managed the cost control
- Managed the change order control
- Project Cost of construction $ 72m
- Casino 35,000sq ft
- Hotel and restaurants over 250,000
Isle Of Capri – Biloxi Mississippi
Project management, scheduling and cost control on rebuilding of casino, hotel following hurricane in 2005. Headed up a team of twelve consultants working on clients insurance claims following hurricane Katrina in August 2005.Our team were successfully in assisting the IOC to recover over $250m from their insurance companies.
Undertook detailed Project control exercise on a complex project in East Providence, RI. Brought together the complicated remediation of an existing toxic site owned by the client. Involved the integration of permitting, funding and city legislation and the phased development of a shoreline complex of condo and retail space. The objective to indentify and communicate the process and then monitor and reporting to the multi-headed client body was judged a success. All consultants expressed their appreciation for expressing the process in clear and concise terms.
- Provided and supervised cost management staff to assist Marriott in refining their costing approach to new projects resulting in a more robust cost model on which Marriott base their initial estimates.
- Undertook successful Value Engineering exercise resulting in over 100 actions to refine the design on new hotel brand which was just about to be procured.
- Proactive Constructibility reviews on Marriott projects in USA resulting in change of direction for design team.
- Marriott Cairo; provided scheduling services for refurbishment of hotel and casino in Cairo Eygpt
Summary of other projects
Appendix of European Projects
Education / Medical
- Sheffield University IRILMS: $60 million refurbishment and new build of the University animal and plant research facility. Project management the building of new and refurbish existing facilities.
- King Edward VI College, Stourbridge. Remodelling and new construction of educational facility. Remodelling and new build of private school.
- Isle of Capri: Casino Resorts in Coventry, Hull, Newcastle, and Edinburgh. Controlled the development process from feasibility to completion. Project totalled over $100.
- Various Marriott Hotels in UK. Project management of new and refurbishments projects.
- The Grosvenor Centre, Northampton for Legal and General: Project managed Shopping Mall refurbishment in 3 phases
- The Ipswich Shopping Centre for Legal and General, 180,000-sq.-ft.project managed of new build Mall in city centre for client .
- The Kingfisher Centre Redditch, Phase 2 for AMP & Commercial Union, 70,000-sq.-ft.of Mall refurbishment in city centre.
- The Cleveland Centre, Middlesbrough for Legal and General, 70,000-sq.-ft.of Mall refurbishment and updating of existing systems life safety systems.
- St. Georges Centre, Preston for Legal and General, 150,000-sq.-ft.Project managed refurbishment and replacement of life safely systems in existing Mall in city centre.
- Ealing Broadway refurbishment Phase 1 for Land Securities / Legal and General. Existing mall refurbishment and replacement of life safety systems
- Oxford Circus London – New Build Shops for Legal and General in centre of London shopping area.
- Madge Network Wexham Springs for BAA Lynton. Project managed new build commercial office park in rural location.
- Tower Court for Deeley Properties and Confederated Builders. Part funded by grants to turn existing listed building into commercial office space. Headed team as client’s representative.
- St. Georges House Manchester for Eagle Star Properties. Took over project management control of a troubled refurbishment project of existing listed office building in centre of commercial district of Manchester.
- College Hill for Skandia Properties 240,000sq ft of new office development in the City of London
- Lansdowne House for Legal and General Property’s 150,000-sq.-ft. Demolition and new construction of high quality office space in centre of the West End of London.
- The Elements, Heathrow, Office block for BAA / Lynton & Sheridan Estates, 46,000-sq.-ft.Work on new airport office building.
- Arsenal Football Stadium London. Scheduling of the largest football stadium in the UK which was successfully open on time and within budget
- Northampton Health Trust FSHA relocation. Remodelling of hospital administration building in hospital complex
- Opal Student accommodation in Manchester. Audited and advised on completion and hand over of trouble development for funding client.
- Toyota Automobile plant in Darlestone England. Headed team of consultants providing design management services to client on construction of car plant .